Thursday, September 11, 2008

Are things looking up?

Ok, back to the job search.
I have been looking on websites and having friends keep an eye out for possible jobs opportunities. I applied to UAB for a full time position last night. My mother has had everyone praying and I received a phone call from one of the first places I thought about applying.
While I was in school, I thought about applying to both of my last clinical rotations, but both were not accepting applications: Jasper hospital was sending employees home early every day, and Winfield was only accepting for a position in Home Health. Home Health was not an option to me because I don't know I could handle it being a new grad.
The rehab director contacted me yesterday and I was not at home. I called him back and he wa unavailable... the whole time I was thinking it was for the home health position.
Long story short, he called me back at lunch today and told me that they were looking to hire TWO LPTAs: one for just home health, one to work in the clinic. The catch? If I accept the job, and no one accepts the other position in home health, me and the other 2 LPTAs that are already employeed at the clinic will have to split the home health patients and all chip in to treat them. I don't feel quite as bad about it now that I know I won't be alone in treating them.. as well as the fact that I know the positions near home are few-to-none.
Needless to say, I have an interview Tuesday at 12:00 with the rehab director. I am just going to pray that if God sees something down the road in this job to not let me jump into it. I only want God's will in my life... and I must stop and pray for that to be revealed in my life.. and not rush by and overlook his will if it is being manifested before me in this job offer. I would greatly appreciate your prayers as well...
ALSO, I will be taking my jurisprudence examination on Monday (16th), which will be the last test I will have to pass before receiving my license.

2 comments:

DW said...

Good luck and I will send one up for you.

amy (metz) walker said...

That's a step in the right direction!!! Yea!